Wonderful people of the arts and beyond,
Chastain Arts Center in coordination with ELEVATE Buckhead will be hosting a Plein Air Paint Quick.
This competition is FREE
Paint Out check-in/registration will take place on the Porch of the Chastain Arts Center, at 2:00 P on Saturday, September 18th. The Paint Quick starts promptly at 3:00 P, so please allow enough time for parking and the check-in process.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paint Quick Rules
As a prepaid registrant, you may check-in between 2:00 – 3:00 P.
Paint Quick will be from 3:00 – 5:00 P
Judging & Prizes will be from 5:00 – 6:00 P
Walk-up registration on the day of the event will be processed on the Porch for $25.
- You will receive a name tag and the location where you may paint during this event
- We will collect your completed release form
- We will stamp your canvas or paper [maximum of 2 pieces per artist] these must be stamped during Check In and prior to 3:00 P.
- You will receive a tag for your name/painting title/price. Attach it to the back of your completed painting before the judging/sales event.
Artists may work in oils, acrylics, pastels, water media, or drawing media (pencils, pens, charcoal, conté). Photography is NOT eligible. All work must be completed solely by the artist, on-site, on stamped canvas or paper, during the period of the competition, without photographic or mechanical assistance.
A whistle will signal the beginning of the Paint Quick competition at 3:00 P. sharp. At 4:50 P., 2 whistle blasts will signal that it is time to wrap things up. A whistle will also announce the end of the competition at 5:00 P. sharp. Remember: one whistle to begin, 2 whistles to alert you at 4:50, 1 whistle to stop at 5:00.
Each participating artist may submit one piece of artwork for judging. Artwork will be displayed on the artist’s easel and must be in place, with the name/painting title/price tag attached to the back of the easel or painting (if you wish to offer your painting for sale), no later than 5:30.
The judge for the Paint Quick competition will be Kevin Sipp curator of Gallery 72.
The judging will be complete by 6:00 P.M. In the competition, the following awards will be given: first place (One Class at Chastain); second place ($50 Account Credit at Chastain), and third place (Chastain Prize Bag).
All artists may sell their work. A commission of 35% will be withheld. Artists will be mailed a check for their portion of the sale (65%) after the event.
All work and easels must be removed no later than 6:00 p.m.
- Bring all your own materials for this event, including your easel
- Bring a water bottle
- It could rain or be very sunny and bright – be prepared
- Leave enough time to check-in, get your canvas stamped, and find your spot to paint. Plan ahead and don’t be late!
The Plein Air Paint Quick event provides an opportunity to bring some of the local artists in the Atlanta area together to will help celebrate the Chastain Arts Center and ELEVATE Buckhead.
The release forms will also be available on site.