Gallery at Chastain

In addition to programs and classes, we have a gift shop of rotating handmade items, we offer an annual Summer Camp, Children’s Birthday Parties, and facility rentals. Fulton County constructed the buildings now known as Chastain Arts Center and the Galloway School between 1901 and 1911. The buildings were originally almshouses (or poorhouses) for the elderly, disabled, and unemployable. Thomas Henry Morgan, known as the ‘Dean of Atlanta’s architects’, designed the two Neo-Classical buildings.

The Chastain Arts Center Gallery was established in 1978 under the auspices of the City of Atlanta’s Office of Cultural Affairs to exhibit contemporary art by local and nationally recognized artists. The gallery exposes the community of Atlanta to progressive exhibitions and programs that relate to contemporary life, visual arts, and culture.